Out of nowhere, Viber started displaying ads at the bottom of the contact list of the Viber window. I understand that Viber must make a living, but in my case, the ads covered one-third of the contact list and this really frustrated me. Luckily it turns out you can disable these ads without any side effects…
Here is how you can do it yourself:
- Click on the start button and start typing “notepad”. After a few characters, the Notepad program will appear in the search results. Click on it with thy right mouse button and select “Run as Administrator”.
- Click on the File menu and select the Open entry.
- Navigate to the following location:
- At the bottom of the open window when it says “Text files” select “All files”
- Double click on the “hosts” file to open it.
- Add the following lines to the end of the:
- Save the file and close Notepad.